Kingston Koorie Mob
Parkdale Secondary College created a program specifically for Year 7 – 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within the Kingston network of schools, including Parkdale Secondary College, Patterson River Secondary College, Mordialloc Secondary College.
The Kingston Koorie Mob’s mission is to:
- Improve the student’s confidence and sense of belonging,
- Enhance the student’s educational outcomes,
- Highlight the student’s cultural identity within the local area,
To achieve their mission, the Kingston Koorie Mob will provide:
- An environment that respects, recognises and celebrates cultural identity.
- Programs aimed to increase the self-esteem and self-confidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students,
- A team that will support and assist young people and their families with goal setting, personal development and career counselling,
- Individual student mentorship.
The Kingston Koorie Mob is a community-based project, where links between students, parents, schools and local community organisations are essential.
- Sea country excursion
- Attica gardening
- Picture books with Mums and Bubs
- Family night
- Dreamtime at the G
- Identity workshops
- Community art projects
- Elders lunch