Parkdale Secondary College offer an extensive Camps program.
The benefits of the Camps program include:
- An extension of the critical, creative and caring thinking process in an out of school environment.
- Peer support
- Students are engaged in a variety of challenging activities that can lead to increased individual self esteem, independence and interdependence.
- Experimental learning.
- Provides an opportunity where students can take on different leadership roles.
- An inter-disciplinary approach, which is an essential part of Interpersonal/Thinking and Communication aspects of the VELS.
- The camp program fits in with the school goal of improving student engagement by introducing KLA specific initiatives, therefore leading to more effective learning occurring.
- Allows for individual and collaborative learning (teacher/student, student/student).
- Outdoor Education camps allow the students to appreciate the environment while being educated on the delicate balance that exists between conservation and the use of the area for recreation.
|All Year Levels||Term 1||ESP Camp - Phillip Island|
|Term 2||Music - "Generations in Jazz" Mt Gambier|
|Year 7||Term 1||Gippsland|
|Year 8||Term 2||Rubicon|
|Year 9||Term 2||CONNECT - Neerim South|
|Year 12||Term 1||The Summit (Trafalgar East)|