BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Parkdale Secondary College is continuing with its BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program in 2017. This program allows students to bring their own device for educational use in the classroom.
In 2017 year levels 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are required to have a device.
However, we do highly recommend a device for students in 12.
MS Office Free Copy
Student receive a free copy of MS Office including (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Access).
Minimum Device Requirements
The minimum requirements for all devices are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1 or Apple Yosemite or El Capitan.
- Must have a physically connected keyboard. (Not wireless or bluetooth)
- Must have a USB port.
- Not less than 8 hours battery life or more.
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Minimum 11" screen
- Earphones that connect to the laptop device
- Touch Screen (Highly Recommended)
- Stylis (Highly Recommended)
- Microphone (Highly Recommended)
- Accidental Damage Insurance (Highly Recommended)
Device NOT in our BYOD program
While we endeavour to support a broad range of devices, iOS or Android operating system are not support in our BYOD (iPads, Chromebooks etc)
You can purchase your own device or a list of devices (that already meet these requirements) is available through JB Education Website.
1. Go to jbeducation.com.au/byod.
2. Enter our schools code pdsc2018 for access.
3. Once logged in, select your student programme.
4. Choose your nominated JB Hi-Fi store for pick up
5. Follow the prompts, enter your details, then choose your products, insurance and accessories.
6. Select a payment method and complete your pre-order.
7. Once the product is available, you will receive an email from your selected JB Hi-Fi store to confirm your order is ready for pick up.
8. If you have any questions, please contact us at jbeducation.com.au/byod or jbeducation.com.au/support or call 1300 730 548.
For Existing Students
All BYOD Documentation can be found on Compass through "School Resources\BYOD Documentation" or click here
Students can access school "applications", "library resources","MS Office 365" and "network folders" from http://go.parkdalesc.vic.edu.au